building on a tiered garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

simple question i cant find the answer to...

i intened to build a small shed/summer house and want to keep it planning permision free...

my garden is tiered (the right side is higher than the left)...i want to build the summer house on the right hand side on the raised area which raises the question, does this eat in to my maximum hight? - is it permitted max hight measured from the lower most level..or the upper level?

thanks in advance

Sparkzter

Sponsored Links
hmm...so it would seem im ok building on the raised section up to 2.5M tall...

the only worry i have is plan to build on top of the existing retaining wall so whilst the floor level of the summer house will be at the upper level, with 3 walls around 1.8M high... the side wall will be around 2.8M tall then will have a small peak roof on top

the only worry i have is plan to build on top of the existing retaining wall so whilst the floor level of the summer house will be at the upper level, with 3 walls around 1.8M high... the side wall will be around 2.8M tall then will have a small peak roof on top

Why worry? If that's the case, it's obvious it's not going to be permitted development so you will have to apply for planning permission. Don't worry - be happy :D

Sponsored Links
there isnt a hope in hell im going to get planning permission to put up a small garden shed!...and to be honest i dont see why having to go thru all the hassle of planning permission would make me happy??? :rolleyes:

i could simply build an addiitonal wall inboard of the 1st therfore only having a 1.8M high wall on 4 sides (which it would seem would considered acceptable!)..however the shed wont be any shorter when standing at the lower level!?...hence the reason for asking for advice about it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back