Building onto a roof terrace, possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had an offer accepted on a 1 bed converted terrace flat in London which is hugely exciting. The only problem is the internal space is pretty small although it does have a 5m x 3m roof terrace to the rear that I'd like to, if possible, turn into a second bedroom.

The roof terrace itself is actually about 4 steps down from the level of the rear room (picture in my album), so although it's called a roof terrace (because it's on someone else's roof) it's more a large balcony for us.

The next door neighbours have already turned the same area into internal space so I'm confident planning permission shouldn't be an issue, but what sort of money are we talking about to have this done?

I've seen some other figures on the forum quoting around £1300-1500 per cu Metre, but as we're on the second floor I'm guessing that might cause a few issues (scaffolding in my poor neighbours back garden etc).

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
There are indeed a number of issues: go ask your future neighbours how they accomplished what you propose, and how much it cost them.
Not knowing whats what it's impossible to price.

If you'r serious, then post a rough plan view and pics of whats existing from inside and outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back