Building over Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building raised decking at the back of my house just now, and the floor is going to be over the flue for my combi-boiler. Is there any reasonwhy I can't do this, providing I leave air flow for ventilation?

Sponsored Links
NO way that would be ok

consult the insatllation and service instruction manual for your appliance or call the manufacturer for the spec and you will see that you cannot

Sponsored Links
Sounds a definate no, no but.
If the decking was treated as a balcony, clearances and manufacturers instructions met, this is possible,
The helicopter housebuilder does this all the time!

Why people want to sit on the decking breathing in CO2, I don't know!
Better to extend the flue beyond the decking if poss.

Thanks.

:idea: I was thinking about putting a 90 degree a bend on, and run it out of the end of the decking (about 1.5m), does that sound feasible?
:?:

Yes in theory!

But you may run up against another problem.

The standard flue is not designed to be exposed to the weather. Whilst people sometimes fit it underneath a solid water tight balcony even that is questionable.

In your case I think that it would probably be unsuitable but you can ask the manufacturer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back