Building Partition Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm just taking on my first warehouse unit and need to build some partition walls to make some rooms and i'm asking you guys for some advice on the best materials to use.

The floor is concrete and the walls will be 8ft high, although the ceiling is higher than this so they will be 'freestanding' i suppose.

The building is 20' x 40' with a toilet block 10' x 10'

I plan to create a wall across the width of the building and splitting this in to two to create two 10' x 10' rooms. One with a door and one a door and window.

The other partition will come of the toilet block and will form an 10' x 10' L shape one end of the wall conecting to the outside wall and the other to the toilet block, this will have one door.

I will also be looking to put in a false ceiling for one of the rooms, it will measure 10' wide and about 20' long. Would it be best to put joists in, connecting these to the new wall and the outside wall?

I hope you can follow this...

I look forward to your suggestions?

Sponsored Links
As a commercial premises, you are likely to need building regulation approval, and compliance with the various fire precaution legislation.

1hr fire resistance IIRC, and escape routes and signage etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back