Building Regs and changes in directions for waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Probably a really stupid question but I thought I would ask - Ive got a 40mm waste pipe coming outside through my wall which I plan to drop down the wall. As I understand it I need to make all changes in direction roddable. Is it sufficient putting a tee on the pipe and then just attaching a weld access plug onto one side of the tee?

Also just to check - Im assuming if you can just pull the pipe out (this will be at the bottom) then you dont need a rodding point as you just stick your rods down the hole where the pipe is?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Im assuming if you can just pull the pipe out (this will be at the bottom) then you dont need a rodding point as you just stick your rods down the hole where the pipe is?
yes, that's fine, the BR don't go into a lot of detail.

Ideal thanks - also is there any issue using compression instead to weld fit for the plastics (for outside)?

Yea, that's fine, use good quality such as McAlpine and preferably paint it if possible.

Sponsored Links
Protection, not absolutely necessary.

Waste Pipework comes under different rules, the reg's don't require access, it's just sensible to provide it when installing to avoid having to cut into the pipework at a later date if the need arises.

Drainage is a bit different, once it's buried, (sometimes quite deep and/or under the patio/garden/driveway/shed/garage/house, it's slightly more tricky to get to should the need arise, hence why anyone with sense builds access in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back