Flexible pipe on bath waste trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am installing a bathroom for a customer and they have a solid stone bath. The base has a small void that allows it to be lowered onto battens and access is OK to connect waste. My issue is that i pre-plumbed in solvent weld and expected to connect up to the tee with supplied waste. However, the waste supplied is a shallow grey trap (almost flat) with a convoluted pipe for ease of connecting up. The problem is the size of the spigot, as far as i can tell, it is 39mm. Too small for 40mm solvent weld fittings and too big for 40mm push fit (not that i would use a push fit under the floor anyway). I have an old 40mm multi-fit tee that seems to nip up but doesn't fill me with confidence. Has anybody else come across this issue and how did you get round it? Are the McAlpine tees possibly a better fit?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back