Building regs drawings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi if someone can give me advise on building rega drawings

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Please let me know what details should be there in building regs drawings for contractor to get the quote and also for the built which is most important. Builder works drawings and specifications shud be diferent to these?

Why are you asking us? Ask Nick at (edited to avoid embarrassment), he drew it.

The limited notes that are included on the drawing keep referring to the specification, I assume there is a separate specification somewhere? Personally I like to get far more detail on the plans and far far more notes as usually the builder only bothers with the drawings and the specification is just used as an expensive coaster for his tea mug or even worse when they run out of paper in the portaloo. Oh and a few dimensions on the drawings would have been nice.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There was a full set of drawings, complete with title block showing designer and clients full contact details. Not too far from Woody, he could pop round for a cup of tea and a chat.

The drawings weren't great. Typical of someone who got a CAD programme for Christmas but doesn't really understand building.

Thanks for ur comnents
I just needed advise on drawings how they are made ..

Do a search on Google Images for Building Regulations plans and you should get a reasonable idea what they should look like. I think you'll agree, yours are rather sparse in comparison.

I agree thats why I have asked .
Are you an architect or just hav the information by the way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back