Building regs drawings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can anyone recommend someone in the Brentwood, Essex area who can do building regs drawings?

PP has been granted on drawings done by me, so need proper drawings done now with all the specs on etc.

Having been quoted 'Yellow Pages' prices, possibly looking for someone who does it as private work.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, are you saying cheap plans as opposed to cheap planes?

What I am talking about is that I have been quoted £2k for drawings, then I see some internet website that does it for £500. I guess a happy medium would be nice.

Anyway I think I have identified a couple of individuals now that are along the lines of what I am thinking of.

You don't say how big/complex (or not) the works are but £500-£1000 should achieve a good set of drawings for pretty much any domestic extension.

Sponsored Links
Yes £500-1000 was more like what I was expecting. Re complexity, it's a timber frame detached and I'm looking at a double storey rear ext and some roof alterations. Thing is its a dormer bungalow and I had chap round tonight who was saying that he would need to see original plans to see how it was put together to work out how the ext needs to be. Lot of talk about steels going in here there and everywhere which I must admit I was concerned about re disruption elsewhere in the house of putting them in, but I wondering if some load bearing timbers (if not already there) could suffice?

Unfortunately there is little hope of answering this with such scant information. You could at least post the existing and proposed drawings.

This is why it can be a disadvantage to not get the planning drawings done by your designer, as the construction of the existing can be assessed before any proposed plans are even drawn up and this would have been at the forefront of a good designers mind when the proposed planning drawings were drawn up. This is especially relevant when the existing is non standard and there are alterations to rooflines etc, rather than just bolting on an extension.

Consequently drawing up the construction drawings would be fairly simple as construction was already considered. But if someone is coming into it blind they will need all of the information they would have otherwise already have gleamed from the survey, existing drawings if available etc. Not to mention they will charge for cadding up your drawings if they are not cad already.

No. For instance, the the Boeing 787 dreamliner had some significant production cost cutbacks to achieve a cheap unit price, but they ended up being expensive to build - and with the subsequent technical problems and delays

I don't know about house plans, it might be similar

What I am talking about is that I have been quoted £2k for drawings, then I see some internet website that does it for £500. I guess a happy medium would be nice.

Anyway I think I have identified a couple of individuals now that are along the lines of what I am thinking of.

Stevie, looking for similar in same area. Are you able to send me details please? (I think you can send a private message through the site)

Thanks for reply Paul, however I'm sorted now - managed to find a friend of a friend who is doing it for a reasonable price. I've got hold of the original building regs drawings from copyright holders along with structural calcs etc so no need to be punching holes in the plasterboard to see how it's all put together! Original plans and calcs cost £100.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back