Planning approved but help needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had planning permission for a single storey extension to the rear of my house.

I have spoken to my local building control office and they say i have 2 options - full building regs permission or a building notice. Both options cost about the same, but I'll need building regs drawings for the full permission. They then said i might need the drawings even if i go down the building notice route as they may want to check details.

So anyway, I need to find someone who can do building regs drawings 'cheaply' :D I do understand that they are not going to be really cheap but if anyone can give me a quote that would be great. It seems that every company that does drawings want huge amounts to draw them, so i thought there might be someone out there who can do them in their spare time to earn a little on the side.

I have the CAD file of my planning application drawings from the architect who did them, if they make doing the building regs drawings easier. I assume having these would save a lot of time drawing it all from scratch and therefore save me money:)

I hope there is someone out there that can help.
Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
You will also need drawings for builders to quote from and work to, so you might as well get them done whichever building control route you go down.

Full plans gives BC an opportunity to comment on stuff before you build it, which can save problems later.

Agreed, which is why I'm here looking for someone who can do the drawings for me. :)

Sponsored Links
WTF?

Who's removed FMT's blatant touting for work posts?

Surely FMT has not moderated himself?

lol, well if anyone knows a draughtsman, surveyor or architect technitian who wants to earn a few extra pennies, PM me.

Thank you :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back