Building regs for decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Can someone please tell me what the requirements are for the height of decking rails and the distance between spindles/cable.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Technically there are no Building Regulations requirements for decking unless the decking is required to enable access from the house into the garden.

Anyway, if you're a by the book kinda feller then the balusters should be vertical to prevent kids climbing them, the balusters should be close enough together so as to prevent a 100∅ sphere cannot pass through. The height should be 900-1100.

Hi freddymercurystwin.

The house has been built on sloping ground. The back doors have a 1.2m drop to ground level.

I am building a raised deck that is the full width (16m) of the house and wrapping around the side by 6m.

I will put the hand rail at about 1m heigh, but was planning to use a horizontal cable system for in between.

Cheers for the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back