Building regs for new washing machine waste pipe....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to run a new waste pipe from out side through the entire width of my kitchen and into the joining utility room. The pipe will be for carrying washing machine waste only.

This pipe would be buried into the concrete floor and will be a straight run of 3.6m in length. What kind of gradient would it need?

Do building regs apply? Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on this?

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
Minimum gradient for waste is 18mm/metre run but I would not advise you go less than 25mm/metre or 1:40. The maximum length for an unvented waste branch in 40mm pipe is 3m, 4 metres for 50mm; anything less & you will need to fit either an automatic air admittance valve (AAAV) or use a Hepvo valve to avoid trap siphoning & smells.

Building Regs also cover connections to the drainage system & require access for clearing blockages, where/how is this waste pipe connecting to the foul drain system?

Do building regs apply? Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on this?
Yes see here; http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADH_2002.pdf

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking I will need a Hepvo as the run is 3.6m.

When the pipe comes through the exterior wall it will do 90 degree bend with another small section of pipe running diagonally into drain gully where the sink waste goes and the washing machine waste use to go. I guess this is ok as there will be no difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back