Building Regs for the slope in extended garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've looked on the planning portal and the building regs online but can't find if there is a regulation garage floor slope. The only thing I can find is the Forest of Dean Guidance on Building Control stating it is a 1:80 slope.
Could someone please advise if it is actually a building regulation or is this just guidance and not regulation.
Our builder has sloped our new section of 2.4m long at 1:40. I realise it's a means of escape for dangerous liquids etc but is mine too steep.
Thankyou
Penny

Sponsored Links
It only needs a slope if there is an interconnecting door between the house and the garage, or alternatively you could set the garage floor at least 100 below the house door threshold and have no slope at all. The Regs do not specify a fall they just state it should be sloping. 1:40 is way too steep, your builder is a numpty.

If the garage does not connect with the house via an interlinking door then it can be any level you like and completely horizontal.

That's brilliant thankyou Freddymercury'stwin. It is an integral garage and we do have an interconnecting door. The existing part of the garage is about a 1:80 slope. What can be done to rectify it and is it worth the battle with the builder? My husband will have to make sure his old VW beetle doesn't end up in opposte neighbour's front room won't he?!

Anyway thanks again.
Penny
PS I presume you were seperated at birth then, very sad.........

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back