Building regs or planning permission? ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a outhouse that is brick and has a tiled roof approx 1.3 meters from my back door, I want to build a small extension 3m out from the back wall. As the is will fall into the building regs catorgy, the problem is that the outhouse will be apart of the extension and this part of the extension will be approx 4.5m from the back wall. As this was an existing building and my extension is within the 3m will i need planning or can I follow this through on regs?
I will be going to the planning office before I do this but was just looking for anyone with an idea or has experienced this before. Tia.

Sponsored Links
Is the outhouse attached to your main house or a detached building? I think i've read it's attached so i'll assume this. Was the outhouse an original part of the house when built or as this been added at some point by a previous owner or yourself? You can normally build out 3m from the original house although that in itself has restrictions. How close are your rear/side boundaries? Are you a detached, terraced, semi-detached property? Is the new extension to occupy a large percentage of your garden?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back