Additional planning permission question

What did you show on the existing drawings - as approved, or as currently exists? I've never found out the exact rule/requirements in these instances.

Some local authorities seem to accept as approved as the existing, but some require the works to have materially started or be completed to do so. I think the issue some LPA's have with this approach is you never actually satisfy having completed the first scheme if you build in one operation.

Therefore some LPAs require the existing drawings to be as it currently stands, and then the second application would effectively be for the whole scheme.

Sponsored Links
Just an update. Planning permission accepted for the first floor extension so happy with that :).

Even though the permission was for a first floor extension (additional to the accepted two storey/part single plan), the council still requested another flood risk assessment, even though one was done for original application! I am literally just raising the height of the roof from ground floor to first floor, roof/drainage area will be the same as originally proposed!

but occasionally an LPA will insist that the Existing drawings show the scheme as actually Existing rather than consented.

What did you show on the existing drawings - as approved, or as currently exists? I've never found out the exact rule/requirements in these instances.

Some local authorities seem to accept as approved as the existing, but some require the works to have materially started or be completed to do so.

I initially submitted the plans showing the approved permission although about two weeks ago they requested the drawings show "as currently exists"; I had to send them updated drawings to reflect this and they had to send another neighbour consultation letter out! No major issue, emailed the change to planning officer and he had them changed on the portal. Actually this may have helped me as I added two front elevation windows when i re-submitted the plans (it improved the appearance IMHO!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back