Building Regs/PP for new 'salon' log cabin with wc & hand shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wondered if anyone can help.

I can't seem to find definitive answers online and am dubious about contacting building control and flagging them as to my intentions unnecessarily.

We've had a new 5m x 3m log cabin installed in our rear garden and planning to hook up a toilet, hand basin and hairdresser's washing station to the foul sewer that runs through the garden. Is this the kind of work that legally requires signing off? The cabin will primarily be used as a home salon 3/4 days a week with little to no recreational use (unless this aides our cause?).

I'm having a 'competent person' deal with the electrical installation so assume this will be fine, and general builder to dig the trenches and backfill - 1 for water/electric supply and 1 for waste water incl. connection to pipework underground - and this is where my question lies.

Also, does this count as a 'new connection' in terms of my waste water provider - Southern Water - meaning I will need to apply for the privilege of the new connection at a cost of £270odd?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
If it's no nearer than 1m to the boundary, Building Regs would not apply.

Thanks, should have mentioned, it's 1m from rear boundary and 1.5m from either side. Cabin is under 2.5m in height

Sponsored Links
Not really PP or building regs but you may also need a licence as a hairdresser

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back