Building Regulation Cerficate - What next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've recently bought my first house. The previous owners were in the process of converting the integrated garage into another room. They had already removed the garage door and added a double glazed window. I knew that the room would be uncarpeted etc before I moved in however I was told that the solicitors had received the paperwork to ensure the building work was correct.

On moving into the place I noticed that the plaster-boarding added in places was awful so i started to look a little deeper....

I've pulled up the suspended floor and I've noticed there is no DPM or insulation underneath. I was assured that this had been signed off by building regs so today I asked my solicitor to provide me with the paperwork that they received have on file from the council.

I've been sent a regularisation certificate for the conversion. So here's my question - Am I now OK to proceed and strip it back and make good the shoddy work without needing further intervention from building regs? I plan to tank the room and re do the floor then move onto the terrible dot and dab work which has been added to one of the walls.

It may be an obvious question, however as it's my first house I'd prefer to ask!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You would need to make a fresh Building Regs application if you are undoing work which
already has a certificate from Building Control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back