Building trade material shortages?

..says DIY mottie. Lol.

How did you get on the last time you built a roof? Which tiles did you use? How are palleted supplies of 3.5n and 7n blocks from B & Q these days? Which B & Q quarries that supply their building sand have ceased and how does that affect mortar colouring etc?

Clue : don't expect mottie or a B & Q worker to have the foggiest.

Is there a shortage of bricks?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A lot can happen in a little over 6 weeks (Motties reference to noseall).
There has been shortages of certain items, we deal with TP for our materials, who confirmed this. I’m fact, I ordered a plumbing fitting in June, which I’m still waiting for because TP’s supplier is waiting on them.

Last edited:
It seems it is mainly timber items that are/were in short supply, and as a result prices have risen. I did ask if these price rises will subside when thing get back to some sort of normality. By the look of your pictures, cement and the like is near normal price, unless that picture is a few years old. Plywood sheets are £80 plus at the moment, used to be less than £30 a year or so ago.

I priced some 8' x 4' x 12mm ply at B&Q last week and they were £34.75 a sheet. I was only curious because I picked up 5 sheets from work the builders were going to throw in the skip as they were no longer needed.

Back