building-up internal window sill prior to tiling and plastering

oly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Windows are in, leaving me with some flexible, rather buckled cavity closer and 100mm of blockwork to tidy up and tile on to.

I need to build this up by about 35mm (to hide the back of the exterior aluminium sill) prior to quarry tiles (and before wet plastering next week).

I could use sand & cement, but actually wondering about cutting some strips of something like aquapanel, gripfilling 'em down on top of each other and then tiling straight on top as a quick method that is guaranteed to give a flat surface that I can tile onto almost immediately.

Reason I want to tile before plastering is so the tiles get 'built in' to the wall with traditional 'horns'.

Silly idea? Advice much welcomed!

Extension Dippers 2.jpeg

Sponsored Links
if youve got any spare thermalite blocks leftover cut them down using an old saw,bed them down,leave to dry then tile.

• Thanks
Reactions: oly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back