Building Warrant Plans - Velux

Sponsored Links
roof-bracing-image-7.jpg

Diagonal bracing.

Trusses are designed to work as one whole roof, so bits can't be removed without justifying that the rest of the roof is not impacted. It's not like rafters where one can be removed and compensated for.

You could submit the application and see what happens.

I'm really not sure my roof has any of that, apart from maybe the longitudal bracing.

I'll need to take another look. Its a shallow pitch, stuffed with insulation, so a pure pain to get into to :D

Appreciate your help Woody (y)

Sponsored Links
I'm really not sure my roof has any of that, apart from maybe the longitudal bracing.

I'll need to take another look. Its a shallow pitch, stuffed with insulation, so a pure pain to get into to :D

Appreciate your help Woody (y)
Shallow pitch - truss roof.....why on earth are you contemplating a Velux? :confused:

EDIT: Will it be tunnelled down to the room below?

Shallow pitch - truss roof.....why on earth are you contemplating a Velux? :confused:

EDIT: Will it be tunnelled down to the room below?
Yeah mate. Down into the bathroom below. Idea was you’d be in the shower and could look up at the sky. Tranquil like :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back