Building with solar in mind

Wikipedia is your problem I suspect!
Maybe, but explicit figures in the Wikipedia must have come from somewhere (one imagines 'fairly official'), not the invention of the author.

I'll have a further look around when I have a few spare moments!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If Iggifer thinks there is an error in Wikipedia, he has the power to compose a correction, citing sources and evidence to support his position, which can be checked.

Other people will have the power to scrutinise and correct his input.

Wikipedia has the great advantages of wide scrutiny and informed users and contributors who desire truth and accuracy, so it is 100% different from, say, Fox News or the Daily Mail, or a politician's speech.

Plus the thing weighs around 100kg, so you'd better build the wall you want it on out of granite!

You can install them outside, but you cannot install them anywhere other than a ground floor (100kg).

No big deal. You probably weigh that much, and a hot-water cylinder weighs more.

A bath with you and some water in it weighs more. So does a bookcase full of books.

Wikipedia is your problem I suspect!
I've just noticed that those figures in the Wikipedia were referenced to a press release from the Department of Energy and Climate change (click here) . Because of the way the figures are presented in that press release, one has to do a bit of arithmetic to get them into the desired format, but when one does, one ends up with the same figures as per Wikipedia (i.e. with solar representing 1.2% in 2014):

upload_2016-11-3_13-27-51.png

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If Iggifer thinks there is an error in Wikipedia, he has the power to compose a correction, citing sources and evidence to support his position, which can be checked.
See what I have just posted. The Wikipedia figures were, in fact, referenced to an 'official' source.

Kind Regards, John

You will also need somewhere in the loft space to mount the inverter
Or if you want it to last, room NOT in the loft to mount it ! Lofts are horrible places to put electronics - they have a tendency to get very hot in summer and that does kill electronics. The DC cables can be run to the inverter - just make sure there's a route for them if you don't want them down the side of the house.

And yet I've not replaced a single inverter mounted in a roof space they have all been mounted in garages or barns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back