Solar iBoost install question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've installed a Solar i-boost to provide hot water to my immersion heater from excess energy produced by my solar panels. But... I am now confused as to which cable in the meter box the "clamp" of the wi-fi sender unit connects to. On the Solar i-Boost website it states: "around the live feed from the utility meter to the consumer unit. The clamp should be fitted on the utility meter side of a Henley block if present."

Being a DIY'r I am unsure which lead this is. I have uploaded a photo of my setup and assume that the black box that is visible with dual supply written on it is the Henley block?
Hope someone can help tell me where the clamp should go.

Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20160215_13_31_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160215_13_31_21_Pro.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 231
Sponsored Links
the big brown one that comes out of the meter

the big brown one that comes out of the meter

Thanks very much. I thought that was the one but then saw the black box and was unsure if it was a Henley block. Hence the confusion.

Thanks very much. I thought that was the one but then saw the black box and was unsure if it was a Henley block. Hence the confusion.
It is a 'Henley block' - but, by putting the clamp around that brown cable coming from the meter you are doing what the instructions are telling you to do.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I am now confused as to which cable in the meter box the "clamp" of the wi-fi sender unit connects to. On the Solar i-Boost website it states: "around the live feed from the utility meter to the consumer unit. The clamp should be fitted on the utility meter side of a Henley block if present."
A good example of misleading instructions and/or lack of understanding.

It does not mean if the Henly block is on a different cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back