iboost solar installation

Thank you for your time
Our mains and fuse are ok. But there is no electricity on the wall, in the socket that feeds the immersion. We cannot figure out why no electricity in the socket
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
:LOL: I finally found out that there is a switch in the kitchen and my husband manage to install the iboost thing. It has electricity and we set the time and everything. But the unit is showing the "Water Tank Hot" display, even though we dont have hot water at the moment. Any ideas, please!
:oops:

"Water tank hot" means there is no load. E.g. it is not connected to the immersion heater; or the heater and/or stat is broken, or the water is hotter than the setting on the thermostat.

Reading the instructions if this was to happen I would expect to see:-
"Water Tank
HOT"
on the display.
Seems I guessed correct! I would say it's not the iboost at fault it is something to do with the immersion heater likely either the water tank is hot or at some time it went over temperature and has ruptured the thermal fuse in the thermostat or of course simply switched off somewhere.

If the thermal fuse has ruptured the question is why? Just too many variables.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back