Can you build your own solar panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this forum. I would like to know if anyone knows anything about building solar panels at home, and does this work. I came across an article today, a guide to making your own solar panels. Does anyone know if this could lower your energy bills? I am thinking of purchasing this guide, but I'd like to know if anyone has tried it first. Thanks.
Here is the link to the article:
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1825577

Sponsored Links
The Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) has for many years displayed different methods of solar power.

The mat black painted radiator behind a double glazed window can absorb quite a lot of power for PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR POWER see here and for SOLAR WATER HEATING see here having visited in the past it does seem they don't fully think things through and their idea of using a hub dynamo as a wind generator may have worked if only they had found a way to allow the unit to turn in the wind without wrapping the cable around the pole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back