Bulging artex from leak above

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've cured the leak and left it a good month. How best to 'stick' back the bulging artex please?

I'm thinking, inject some form of adhesive, grip-fill etc and then screw batten across to hold in place.

I'd certainly rather not take it all off and re-artex, or skim etc

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What I have done (successfully) on plaster where the skim was a bit hollow sounding, was

Drill a small hole ( can you access the ceiling from above easily? If not don't bother.
Use a syringe to inject a slightly watered down PVA into the area. The kind of spring that would worry you if the Dr produced it.
Use a bit of 2x1 that almost touches the ceiling. onto of it, fit a dinner plate sized bit of ply, single screw. Cover with carrier bag.
Slide under the sagging bit and kick the 2x1 to push it against the ceiling.
12-24 hrs and it will be fine. Be careful in case the bag sticks.

Ah, yes! That's the sort of thing. I'll probably use SBR rather than PVA though in case the leak happens again (it's from a dislodged shower waste above) but definitely the right 'sloppiness' and securing idea.

Thanks for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back