Bullfight called Off

Sponsored Links
What a welcome sight. It's about time those posturing prima donnas felt a bit of poetic justice. Hope it hurt.

I’m only sorry they got off so lightly. Sadistic entertainment for the mentally challenged. :evil:

To call it off or not must have been a difficult decision; I bet they were on the horns of a dilemma. I’m sure they got the point eventually. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Superb indeed.

It reads....
"Horrified spectators watched as fellow bullfighters used their capes to try to separate the bull from the felled matador"

They never seem too horrified when spears and stakes are lunged into the helpless bull.
Karma is alive and kicking.
We breed Limousin bulls. If we treated them like that we would quite rightly do time in jail.
Whats the point of the eu if it can't even stop this cruelty?

This throws some light on the subject...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ng-Spanish-bullfighting-via-EU-subsidies.html

Though I can't believe this statement.....

"The commission has no competence to take initiatives in relation to the matter as bullfighting is out of the scope of legislation on the protection of animals at the time of slaughter or killing," said a spokesman."

So what their basically saying is that its OK for an animal to be tortured just prior to its death.

EXCELLENT.if you play with fire law of averages say your likely to get your self burnt.

shame the bull/s will end up having to fight and be tortured another day.

Yes, good result for the bulls.

As Cpl Jones would say 'they don't like it up 'em'.

Yet another excellent reason for leaving the EU.

You still have an hour to vote for UKIP!
Do you not think it might be more sensible to stay in and change the status quo?
As Mr Taylor is already doing:
Mr Taylor is one of 17 MEPs who has written to the commissioner calling for “immediate disqualification of any subsidies to the bullfighting sector” and “fines for member countries which direct CAP assistance to subsidising bull rearing for questionable entertainment”.

The commission has insisted that while the breeders of fighting bulls can claim pastures subsidies, like any other farmer, there is no direct EU funding for bullfighting.

"The commission has no competence to take initiatives in relation to the matter as bullfighting is out of the scope of legislation on the protection of animals at the time of slaughter or killing," said a spokesman.
from the same source.

What is more important, trying to stop cruelty to bulls in Spain, by stopping the finance going to bull rearing, or even trying to include bull fighting in the slaughter regulations (thereby stopping the cruelty), or making this point as a reason for withdrawing from EU.

Why do you always skirt around the issue, unless it's your favourite topic? Just come out and say you think it's a vile and sadistic practice, as we have, and then expand on the merits of other things which might help. I'm surprised there's any bushes by you the amount of beating around it you do ;)

Oh, btw, I'm well thanks. And you? :D

Why do you always skirt around the issue, unless it's your favourite topic? Just come out and say you think it's a vile and sadistic practice, as we have, and then expand on the merits of other things which might help. I'm surprised there's any bushes by you the amount of beating around it you do ;)

Oh, btw, I'm well thanks. And you? :D
You want a "yes" or "no" answer?
Just say "yes" or "no". ;)

I have been to a bull fight once, (Girona) many years ago.
I went to satisfy my own curiosity.
Prior to the actual bull fighting, it's a magnificent pageantry. Which, by itself is worth retaining.

After the fist bull is killed, you see it for what it is, a cruel and sadistic practice ( :eek: OMG, I can't believe I just said that. The bushes are still standing.)
Then, apart fom the cuelty, it's repetitive and boring. We left after the second bull was killed. I really can't see why the spanish go more than once because it is so repetitive.

If it was possible to retain the pageantry, etc, without the cruelty, it would be a harmless but colouful, entertaining and enjoyable spectacle. But it's difficult to see how or why the good parts could be retained while the cruel bits are removed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HOLD THE FRONT PAGE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Coathanger's made his first ever post that makes any sense. :LOL:

So, that's two barbaric, backward, sadistic forms of animal cruelty that need to be stamped out. Bull fighting and halal slaughter methods.

Surely it would be hypocritical to condemn one without the other? :confused:

So, that's two barbaric, backward, sadistic forms of animal cruelty that need to be stamped out. Bull fighting and halal slaughter methods.

The majority of animals slaughtered in abattoirs in the UK are done by the vey same method, irrespective of it being halal or not.
The only differences are that Halal meat is slaughtered while a prayer is whispered and it is done by a Muslim.

Are you trying to suggest that it's somehow more cruel to say a prayer, than not to, while an animal is slaughtered?

You stretch to incredulity sometimes, sorry, I'll change that, all the time! :rolleyes:

Obviously, the world is still waiting for your first sensible comment.

Do you know

1)how long the abattoir slaughter process takes

2) how many wounds are inflicted in the abattoir slaughter process

And if so ,do these have any bearing on the relative cruelty of abattoir and ring?

Sponsored Links
Back