Bumpy Lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's as the subject says, bumpy. Uneven. Very. Can this be solved by a man and a roller or is there some other / no other way?

Thankingyou. @.

Sponsored Links
Best best to start again kill the grass off, rotavate, rake level then re-seed or turf. you could hire a turf stripper then replace it but without knowing the size its hard to say it it would be worth it. you`ll never do it by a roller alone.

i agree, I tried all manner of things to get my lawn flat, rollers, whacker plates, stomping on it! nothing worked. Best lift the turn and rotovate.

Sponsored Links
beatts, you can click the "edit" button to correct / amend a post you have made

Thankyou. So, what you're saying is either I spend a good part of the summer ripping it all up and starting again or making do with a bumpy lawn and a beer or two to take my mind off it? oohh, hard one this, give me a minute......@

If you have bumps in your lawn you need to stomp it, or lift the turf and remove some dirt. Possibly invite your fat auntie Esmeralda and ask her to have a picnic in the questionable area.

If you have dips, just add alittle bit of earth (less than 1/4" thick) every week or so over the season and it will soon level out.

Ofcourse, that is if its smaller than a football pitch

I take umbrage at that last comment. Auntie Esme IS NOT FAT; she's just got big bones and a slow metabolism! :LOL:
@

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back