Which petrol lawn mower ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Think I need to buy a new lawn mower,my garden is approx
150m2 and is a bit bumpy,had a look in b n q ,Costco, eBay
Will pay about 170ish ,but don't ave a clue which one to buy.

Would appreciate any recommendations,it's only for domestic
Use for myself

Maybe self propelled,lightweight,easy maintenance TIA

Sponsored Links
For that sort of money you'll only get a pile of poo if its new, you have a chance on a second hand one off ebay but you're better waiting until the end of the season... Expect you'll end up with 47cm self propelled mountfield. They are a bit badly made nowadays but a decent mower like a Honda is going to set you back over twice your budget. Really get what you pay for I'm afraid

Sponsored Links
As an alternative to Honda, if you are lucky enough to have an outlet that actually fix on the premises, I'd chance a new Briggs and Stratton engine lawnmower. The actual make of the mower is of little interest. B&Q and the like will not fix even under warranty.

You might get 7-8 years out of it?

Honda Izy every time.... if your new mower with a B&S engine hails from the Orient, getting chassis parts will be a problem.
John :)

John, chassis parts for a domestic lawnmower ........... :eek:

Even parts like belts and cables can be a problem with some machines, but Honda supply stuff for machines of 15 years of age.....even an Izy push deck is around £60, but at least you can get one!
John :)

OK, granted it is nice to be able to fix rather than dump, but the Japanese stuff is very expensive, for what is really, recreation.

But, why do you all call them Izy's?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back