Bungalow

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

How much approx. would it cost to smooth render a 4 bedroom bungalow?

just plain cement finish, it is currenly pebble dashed would this have to be removed?

Any idea would be appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Breeno, good evening.

Render removal [about] £ 15.16 / m2

Apply 19mm cement render in 2 coats [about] £ 25.50.

BUT depends on what area of the UK you are in and how "Hungry" [or not] the local trades are??

Guide costings ONLY!!

4k ish.. get 3 quotes for a like for like comparison ...the existing would only be removed if it is loose/damaged or if overcoating interferes with door, window reveals etc.

4k ish.. get 3 quotes for a like for like comparison ...the existing would only be removed if it is loose/damaged or if overcoating interferes with door, window reveals etc.

If existing render is OK and there will be no issue with window or door reveals could it be less than 4k ish??

Sponsored Links
It is the old story. if it is not broke, do not fix it?

OK if it is looking crap or, if bits have fallen off, cracked, loss of stone, then hack it off and replace it, but as posted above, plan your moves around windows and doors

Suggest you also check out fungal spray if you are over-coating because over time all sorts of vegetation will have embedded themselves on the surface of the roughcast?

As an aside? why are you contemplating this work? sorry if I am "intruding?

Ken

As an aside? why are you contemplating this work? sorry if I am "intruding?

Ken

Just would like to update the house, moved into it a yr ago new pvc windows composite doors and the pebble dash is out of date and very dirty in parts. Windows and doors are anthracite grey so house would be very nice smooth rendered and painted white we think

Breeno, good evening, again.

Off the wall suggestion?

Try a pressure washer [do not go at it too hard!!] + Detergents on a small part of the wall, this will clear the muck leaving way clear to apply paint?? will cost less to do that?

Ken.

My folks had this done a couple of years ago on their 4 bed dormer bungalow. They had 3 quotes quite far apart (£2K, £4K & £6K) predicably they ended up going for £2k for a local father and son team, this included scaffolding for the sides and painting and if I recall was about a weeks worth of labour in all.

I wasn't there much but know they didn't remove complelely remove the old spar finish to keep costs down, I believe they just removed anything loose and rendered over. Its still looking good a couple of years on, no cracks, nothing falling off or coming away and still looking smart.

Has anyone ever just rendered the front of their bungalow as opposed to the sides and back?

Was thinking if front was smoothed rendered I could just paint he sides and back which may look OK?

Has anyone ever just rendered the front of their bungalow as opposed to the sides and back?

Was thinking if front was smoothed rendered I could just paint he sides and back which may look OK?

No, but I had thought about it!
Also thinking of removing old pebbledash myself to save a bit (and get some much needed exercise)

No, not yet. Somebody quoted £4000 to insulate and render the sides and front (about 8m long, 7.2m wide). But I guess a fair amount of that was the insulation. Have since insulated internally myself.

how did you insulate internally?

I have to get cable walls insulated anyway

I would say my front is 14 mtrs wide, 3-4 mtrs height!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back