• phone the police

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go and check it out

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

merlin50

what do you do when a burglar alarms goes off.
I used to go and check it out but in todays climate I do not, and I have no time for the police, not that I have been nicked by them.

Sponsored Links
Same as Blas if they are my neigbours, police if they are not.

Sponsored Links
Depends if it's my alarm or not, I think they are a deterrant although i'm fairly sure that on the whole they get ignored.

Merlin,

The days are gone when you can look after your fellow man/woman/family households from burglars and associated scum.
Not for fear of retribution in any way, but our current judicial system makes it impossible.

These days............ if a burglar alarm was sounding, (other than your own) the majority of people will simply turn over in bed, and give in to the wifes amorous demands. Simple as that.
Shameful as it is.

I used to live next door to a butchers shop, which was broken into on a fairly regular basis. Couldn't help but hear the alarm going off. We always used to phone the rozzers as soon as we realised the alarm had been activated. They in turn, didn't always turn up promptly, (despite a police station being less than 2 minutes away (walking distance))
Once we actually lay in bed listening to some cretin kicking in the back door of the shop, and called the police before the alarm had gone off. They turned up half an hour later, after the burglars had probably had time to leave the country. ;) ;)

The point of this thread is to see if people in general care about their neighbours, sadly I live in one of them streets where nobody gives a flying fuk about anyone but themselves

Burglar alarms are always set off by accidents, or power cuts, or mistakes, but not robberies. On domestic properties.

micky
you obviously dont really know jack shxte abouit modern intruder detection systems.

but its your opinon!!

Oasis

Just a point about alarms I heard on the radio,(Jeremy Vine)it appears if you have an alarm fitted and go out without setting it and your burgled the insurance company won't pay out.
I suppose the same applies if you have an old redundant one.

Burglar alarms are always set off by accidents, or power cuts, or mistakes, but not robberies. On domestic properties.

Just to reienforce anothers comment, you do know jack dont you.

So what about commercials then?
Your wonderous comments are appreciated, if only for a giggle.

Infidel, it can happen like that if the alarm is part of the contract with the insurers.
Some insist-some do not, it depends on the risk undertaken by them.

Just a point about alarms I heard on the radio,(Jeremy Vine)it appears if you have an alarm fitted and go out without setting it and your burgled the insurance company won't pay out.
I suppose the same applies if you have an old redundant one.

many people make the mistake of telling their insurer they have an alarm system...big mistake.

if you tell them you have one and it's proven not armed or defective in the event of a break-in you are probably void of cover.

get one installed as it's a deterrent of sorts but certainly don't tell your insurer you have one.

Sponsored Links
Back