Disabling intruder alarm completely

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell Optima XL4 burglar alarm - the power for which is spurred off a ring main which I want to enlarge (can you see where this is going already?).

In order to open out the ring main, I have to first power off the relevant circuit breaker to that ring main - which will also power off the burglar alarm - which will cause the alarm to then go off from the battery...

I am installing a new kitchen and I am in danger of upsetting the neighbours in the adjoining property - so I dont really want to annoy them further by running out the battery via the alarm...

Is there any way I can 'tell' the alarm system that I want to disable it for a while and ask it not to set off the alarm when the power drops?

Do burglar alarm manufacturers allow for these instances?

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Sponsored Links
If working correctly the standby battery will "cut" in and take over from the mains.
If you want to keep the mains 0ff for a long time put a plug on the end of the feed to the alarm panel and use an extension lead for the time being.

So down power and enter code, wire up plug and plug into extension.

No other way, unless you totally disable the system. This way you still have protection during the works.

That's brilliant! Simple and effective; I'll have to get into the spur outlet above it, but hey that's not too much of a problem,

thanks Alarm...

William (Short Term Memory)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back