burn mark on of rear of used cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a used cooker by a friends daughter and it is supposedly in working order. It was very dirty so I got on with giving it a scrub and found a burn mark on the rear originating from what I think is the point where the wires would be attached to connect to elec supply. Would this indicate that the cooker is faulty or unsafe? I am totally broke as out of work at the moment so cannot afford to hire an electrician and do not want to dismiss cooker without finding out more for the same reason. Any help would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No this does not indicate the cooker is unsafe, it could have been caused by the cable that it was connected with burning out due to being undersized, loose etc but not have harmed the cooker.

Remove the terminal cover, and if you can the whole back panel to see if there is any burning or damage inside. I would reccomend having it checked however by someone with an insulation tester

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back