Burner and pilot go out together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glow-worm Space-Saver 40B MK11. (Balanced Flue)

New thermocouple, thermocouple re-router, pilot burner, and gas valve fitted by myself 6 weeks ago. Boiler has been working perfectly until last week...it will fire up and then both the main burner and the pilot go out together, with the flame failure device operating.

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
thermocouple re-router

Whats a thermocouple re router (do you mean interupter).

How long does it run before it goes out.

Thermocouple connector lead.

When the thermostat is on its absolute lowest setting (just a midgers before minimum) it will continue running. Once the thermostat is increased ever so slightly the problem occurs, and it will only run for between 2-5 minutes.

Sponsored Links
the overheat stat is operating to shut pilot off
the thermostat needs recalibrating this can be done with a small screw driver find the hole with + and - on the underside of the ranco stat.

you say its the flame failure device shutting the pilot off....how did you confirm its due to flame failure?.

were you just generalising and you mean its just cutting the pilot for an as yet unknown reason?

have you tested the temperature the boiler gets to before it cuts off?

fela kuti said:
the overheat stat is operating to shut pilot off
the thermostat needs recalibrating this can be done with a small screw driver find the hole with + and - on the underside of the ranco stat.

Sounds good!

I was about to buy another stat tomorrow.

How do I recalibrate it?

nickso said:
you say its the flame failure device shutting the pilot off....how did you confirm its due to flame failure?.

were you just generalising and you mean its just cutting the pilot for an as yet unknown reason?

have you tested the temperature the boiler gets to before it cuts off?

Yes, I am just assuming that the burner and pilot are cutting out for as yet, an unknown reason.
However the previous post sounds feasible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back