Burner shuts off when any tap is turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Ariston DIA 20/24 MMFI CE boiler that has stopped supplying hot water. The central heating is working well but as soon as a hot water tap is turned on the burner shuts off. The 'Fault Finding' procedure in the service manual asks to check the 'flow switch on the main circuit'. I've checked the resistance of the reed switch with no hot water demand and the resistance is 0 ohm. When a tap is turned on the resistance changes to 1 ohm. I assume that this proves that the flow switch is OK. Is this correct? The other reasons listed in the service manual are (1) the PCB and (2) the 'temperature probes'. Ive changed the PCB and it had no affect on the hot water supply. I've found what i believe to be one temperature probe but i don't know how they work and therefore how to test if it is OK. If anyone can help with the overall problem of no hot water, or just on the temperature probe identification & understanding i would appreciate the help. Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back