BURNING DVD FILES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Fellas

I've downloaded some dvd files which I would like to burn onto disc to free up space on my drive.

I will have to convert them so that they play on my dvd player. Can anyone take me through exactly how to do this and tell me what program I will need to convert the files. :D

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have you not got nero? as in nero burn? comes with most dvd / cd writers

I do have Nero but unsure how it works.

Its the converting to the correct format that I am unsure of :(

but didnt you say you downloded dvd files and want to burn them onto a dvd? surely that woould be a strait burn?

but assuming i have the wrong end of the stick, nero will (should) do it all for you

if not google for converting from x to y software.

x being what you have y being what you want

Sponsored Links
If they are already in DVD format and not need converting they should burn off easily via Nero.
Its when they need converting from something like an AVI file they are more difficult.
A good converter should you need it is WIN AVI 7

I believe they ARE avi files.

What is the difference between an avi file and why would it not play without being converted :?:

Download WIN AVI 7 as this converts AVI files to DVD files.
AVI will work on your PC but to be used as a DVD need converting to a DVD file hence why it wont work. I'm no PC boff by the way!
Without converting the files you wont be able to burn them to watch.

Open up nero startsmart, select DVD and "Make your own DVD video". You can now either click on add video files or just drag and drop video files into nero.
neroic2.jpg

Once you have all your video files click next. Setup your tiltle menu, then click next. Preview screen, click next. You should see the Burn options screen, if it asks to set to NTSC (American) better to say no, then click burn.
I have nero 6 (version 6.6.1.4)

Does this work on avi files or do they have to be converted so as to play on the dvd player :?:

Mr Lil said:
Download WIN AVI 7 as this converts AVI files to DVD files.
AVI will work on your PC but to be used as a DVD need converting to a DVD file hence why it wont work. I'm no PC boff by the way!
Without converting the files you wont be able to burn them to watch.
Nero takes an AVI file then converts it & burns it. It takes a long time to do the whole process. It can pay to use a rw disc, then when you are happy with what you have done. Then copy it to atd dvd disc.
You can edit the avi ie remove adds prior to burning.

If they are avi files,just tell nero to make a data disc - cd or dvd. You may get a nero warning that this won't work, but it does, its what I do.

Sponsored Links
Back