Converting video files

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a panasonic DMRE-85 dvd recorder for which I use DVD-RAM disks to copy from the the recorders hard disk. I can copy the DVD-RAM disks to my computer and in order to play the files I need to change the extension on the video file VR_MOVIE.VRO to MP3 . This allows the video to play back in media player or nero showtime. What I am wanting to do is to convert this mp3 file to a dvd file which I can then edit in nero before burning back to a DVD-R. I can't get Nero to recognise this mp3 file as a video file. Any ideas? Any know of any good conversion programs?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Are you sure? mp3 is an audio format to my knowledge, i think the extention should be mpg Whats the extention of the file your trying to convert (avi,divx,xvid, mpg). There are various software options for converting video to dvd format and plenty of info and guides at www.vcdhelp.com .

If mpg then is fairly straight forward to convert. I think you may be able to simply rename the file VR_MOVIE.VRO to VR_MOVIE.mpg and it should work fine.

hope that works for you.

pc

Sponsored Links
Back