Burst ch pipe

Yes absolutly, first time it was almost idling at 3 bar with a banging and thudding and just as I was about to turn it off it.blew.

I avoided another burst in between 2nd and 3rd time as I was here it started to make the noise again so i shut it down before the inevitable happened.
not sure of exact model of worcester but it could be a sticking flow switch after demand . The pump is off but burner still on and the water cant circulate gets that hot it bursts the pipe .
Had a couple of worcesters do this in the past .

. try it a few times on and off and see if it stays on when it should be off

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
One of my engineers who came round to scratch his head at it all luckily the boiler starting doing its banging thing and he went outside and he said that the condensate pipe.was sucking in air. This why he came up.with the prv was letting by.

So introduction to air to a system with a new boiler and potential heat of water in pipe produced steam and blew it.

But all these are theories because the prv got.changed and it still blew.

Since the kink in pipe.work was sorted it hasent misbehaved yet

Bosch engineer said yesterday everything was fine with boiler no leaks nothing concerning no advisorys. In his eyes its good.to go

One of my engineers who came round to scratch his head at it all luckily the boiler starting doing its banging thing and he went outside and he said that the condensate pipe.was sucking in air. This why he came up.with the prv was letting by.

So introduction to air to a system with a new boiler and potential heat of water in pipe produced steam and blew it.

But all these are theories because the prv got.changed and it still blew.

Since the kink in pipe.work was sorted it hasent misbehaved yet

Bosch engineer said yesterday everything was fine with boiler no leaks nothing concerning no advisorys. In his eyes its good.to go
Anyone suggesting the condense pipe was sucking air in and causing this is talking nonsense or something was lost in explanation .

As for good to go time will tell 3 bursts like that and thumping and banging beforehand suggests too much heat

Sponsored Links
WB system boiler installation a while back
Boiler was powered from the aux switch in the motorised valve. When the motorised valve released, power cut to the boiler and residual heat caused temperature spikes

I rewired the boiler so it had permanent feed and switched live connection to run the boiler. Post demand boiler cooling now possible through newly installed ABV,

RTFM should be the advice to person installing the boiler

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back