Burst water meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a call to a customer with a burst water meter located outside a house divided into flats. Checked with United Utilities if I could bypass it since they are "flooded with calls" and of course they said No, but could not give any kind of time frame to attend to it themselves.
Does anybody know what the real legal situation is? I know they have a duty of care of some kind to provide a water supply; at what point can an end user take matters into their own hands and get a plumber in? It just seems ridiculous that there is a working supply that can't be used just because it would be unmetered. Grinch job or what.

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to bypass it and be dammned..... But that is just me.

For what it is worth, my gas and electricity meters have been bypassed too but that is another story.... :LOL:

Just kidding folks!

I'd be inclined to bypass it and be dammned..... But that is just me.

For what it is worth, my gas and electricity meters have been bypassed too but that is another story.... :LOL:

Just kidding folks!
I was ready to bypass it but the customer was worried about the legality.
She'll have to get Harry Tuttle in.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back