Bursting Radiators??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,ive got an intergas combi being installed on tuesday and wondered if they are fitted with an expansion tank to relieve excess pressure,im worried that my OLD rads will struggle to cope with the pressure,its a 1930s house and i do not know how old the rads are but they are cast iron ones im led to believe!!!

Any help much appreciated.

Liam 07*** *****

Sponsored Links
Top Marks for the boiler choice..........wouldnt worry about bursting rads
very unusual when converting from open vented to sealed, might be a few little leaks to sort but unless your very unlucky nothing major should happen !

Wouldn't leave your mobile number on the open forum if I was you.

The system will need to run at a pressure. But if the boiler has its pressure sensor disabled, you can run it at say ½ a bar and not have to worry too much.

Thanks gents,think ill get them done anyway as they are so old ni think new ones will give more heat!!!!!!

And as for leaving my number,if people wanna watse time/effort and monmey pranking me then it dont cost me nothing!!

Cheers
Liam

Sponsored Links
Cast iron rads are good to go with pressure systems.

The only consideration may be a few old joints are weak in the copper.

I wouldn't worry too much.

cheers but there is rust leaking out of one of them and one doesnt get hot all the way up so for peace of mind i think ill do it,plus i should see improvement in the heat the new ones give off.

Thanks

Liam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back