Furthest radiators poor performance

I started the job today, but then realised I didnt have a wrench big enough to take out the pump. What I did do though was twist the 'taps' in the valve possibly too much.

They are the type that you would use a screw driver to open or close. I thought they were the screw in/out type so I gave them a few turns. Im thinking now that they are type that only need a 90degree turn to open or close. Have I broken them by turning them 720 degrees? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Finally started the job today. Drained down system and set to removing the pump. However one of the fittings that connects the pump to the water pipes is very tight and Im afraid to force it. Ive sprayed on some oil in the hope it will loosen it. Any tips for this?

Thanks!

3429805384_420d34a3a5.jpg

give it a crack on the points of the nut

heat helps as well ;)

Sponsored Links
The new pump is in, and I'm having a cuppa before I refill the system. I just hope there isnt a catastrophic failure in the plumbing around the pump, otherwise its a drain of the system again while the plumbing leaks.

If all else fails, hit it with a hammer we say here.

Anyway, system filled and bled. Boiler switched briefly on, no leaks. Going to let the water heat now and see what happens. :rolleyes:

Finally, the new pump (found in a field) solved the problem. Thanks to all involved in the saga.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back