Old cast iron radiator

15 Nov 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a leaking cast iron type [the very old ones] radiator. it's a pinhole leak. Would vehicle radiator radweld sealing fluid be suitable to put in the rad. I thought of removing the rad plugging one end and inserting the fluid in t,other end and then connecting a hose to it to put it under pressure.
thanks in anticipation
Green grass
Sponsored Links
Fernox do a leak sealer fore CH systems. Check their website.
Radweld works fine. I've used it and not had any problems on sealed and vented systems.
Cast iron rads don't pinhole or I haven't seen one that has.

Leak is probably a crack in the cast, remove the section and replace with a new one.

Em that should be interesting :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local