Burying pipes in walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

I have two microbore pipes running down the wall in the hallway from the ceiling to the radiator. As i'm redecorating i was wondering if it is ok to knock a channel into the (external) wall, and put the pipework into some conduit into the chanel, then plaster over ? My only concern would be if the heat of the pipes would cause the plaster to split but they are microbore and i would wrap them in some lagging.

What are peoples thoughts ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use of conduit is good. Without checking the Water Regs I'm not sure, but it might even be mandatory (although not retrospectively so).

If the pipes are copper then denzo tape will protect the copper from the plaster. You might consider lagging, but anything compressible will serve to make the plaster vulnerable to cracking by not having a firm base.

If you're able to disconnect one end of the pipework (draining the relevant part of the system first of course), then you could feed 'proper' conduit over the pipework, which deals with both problems :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back