But where are you really from? Lady-in-waiting has resigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting question.

Did you look at the colour of his skin, and from that, refuse to accept what he said when he told you his nationality?

That would have been an example of racism.

It's what Lady Hussey did,
No. She did not.
The Lady asked a question regarding her heritage and she misunderstood the angle of the question. This led to confusion and further miscommunication until the Lady became exasperated at having to repeat the same question...

Sponsored Links
(the year is 2040)

Hi, and welcome to this week's episode of 'let's talk.' Today the panel will discuss language that was commonly used in tv shows and movies as recently as 2029 and whether re-runs of these shows should now be banned to avoid potentially causing offence.

We start by looking at an episode of Eastenders from 2023. Within this episode, the word 'damn' is used three times, the word 'bitch' twice and the word 'bloody' once.

Mike and Mary, welcome to this week's panel. As you both know, the use of any word and/or phrase that has the potential to cause offence has now been banned within any new media and literature as part of the government's 2030 'safe space' policy. In light of this, should the banning of historic media and literature be considered if it contains any word and/or phrase that has the potential to cause offence? In short Mike and Mary, should this pre 2030 episode of Eastenders be banned from future viewings?

No. She did not.
The Lady asked a question regarding her heritage and she misunderstood the angle of the question. This led to confusion and further miscommunication until the Lady became exasperated at having to repeat the same question...

"Where are you from?"

"What nationality are you?"

"Where are you really from?"

Do you see the word "heritage?"

"Where are you from?"

"Where are you really from?"

Do you see the word "heritage?"
I didn't say i did, but the implication is there nonetheless. Her language could've been clearer and the wording more concise but that's her fault for not applying herself to the conversation.

Sponsored Links
I didn't say i did, but the implication is there nonetheless. Her language could've been clearer and the wording more concise but that's her fault for not applying herself to the conversation.

Do you think she quibbled with any white-skinned person of British nationality, born in the UK?

Has anybody ever suggested to you that you are not "really" British?

Do you think she quibbled with any white-skinned person of British nationality, born in the UK?
I don't see the relevance as she was clearly asking whether the woman had African ancestry or perhaps was from Africa with regard to her dress and hairstyle. She could certainly been more tactful but the reaction is over the top.

I don't see the relevance as she was clearly asking whether the woman had African ancestry or perhaps was from Africa with regard to her dress and hairstyle. She could certainly been more tactful but the reaction is over the top.

You'll be telling me next that you've never experienced racism based on your skin colour.

No, she was telling a woman of British nationality that she was not British. She was telling a woman born in Britain that she was not from Britain.

You'll be telling me next that you've never experienced racism based on your skin colour.
To beef up your post, you'll be telling us next that you’ve witnessed it on your regular (100 times a year) trips to Buckingham Palace…..

No, she was telling a woman of British nationality that she was not British. She was telling a woman born in Britain that she was not from Britain.
They must have cut that part out, I can't see it.

"I am born here. I am British..."

"...When did you first come here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back