But where are you really from? Lady-in-waiting has resigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez
Lady Toff demonstrated unwarranted, blatant, abusive, racism, in her whole interrogation. Does anyone think that was OKAY?

Fulani called her out for it. It would have been hypocritical to have ignored it. It's what she does. Does anyone think she shouldn't have?

And don't give us, "Ah well, no, BUT....."

Sponsored Links
If that transcript is right 100% agree - privileged pompous old bat, who thinks she's more important than everyone else.

Unfortunately for her she picked the wrong person to dance the wokey cokey with. Apparently she wasn't the only non-white person who was interrogated.

She's certainly got previous form accusing Charles & Camilla of domestic violence against Meghan.

1669918258870.png

Does it actually say that?

Show us the link

I just looked and it doesn't.

it cannot really say that can it even if it wanted to ?

I dare say that if any woman turned to them for support , they would be unlikely to be turned away (?) if they were non African or white ?

( domestic abuse victim )

but it does mention those of a particular back ground afaik ?????

Sponsored Links
I'd identify as a Mongrel...

In the preceding 4 generations of my family is English, Irish, Scottish and Russian people. I can trace my paternal ancestors back to 1780's in the church grounds of my home village.

Jeez
Lady Toff demonstrated unwarranted, blatant, abusive, racism, in her whole interrogation. Does anyone think that was OKAY?

Fulani called her out for it. It would have been hypocritical to have ignored it. It's what she does. Does anyone think she shouldn't have?

You are part of the disease. The lady asked knew full well what she was being asked, the lady asking i have no doubt had an air of snobbery whoever she spoke to. That's not racism.

I am asked these questions many times due to my accent and appearance why haven't i ever reached for the race card. If i had an axe to grind and was possibly racist myself i might.

I can trace my ancestory in part to Austria :cool: ( mother)

I also have swiss , Dutch , German and canadian close relatives ( uncle, Aunt and first cousins )

You are part of the disease. The lady asked knew full well what she was being asked, the lady asking i have no doubt had an air of snobbery whoever she spoke to. That's not racism.

I am asked these questions many times due to my accent and appearance why haven't i ever reached for the race card. If i had an axe to grind and was possibly racist myself i might.

Have to agree with that

The lady may well have been rude , ill mannered

and one may well be angry ? irritated ? anoyed by the remarks

but to come out with wording like

Violated
abused
Traumatised

just a tadge OTT , those are the sort of words that those seeking her charities help would use

those who have been violently and sexually abused / assaulted / mis treated , they have been violated , abused , traumatised

Did they ask you multiples of times because they didn't believe you owing to the fact your skin is a 'different' colour?
Wonder what they would think about my late diving mate. His skin colour was not white yet both his parents were (South London) as was his grandparents and a number of previous generations. It appears to be a throwback to the early 1700's when a forbearer had, shall we say, spent time with a person of African parentage. He along with his parents had a DNA check completed to understand his complexion which was so different from his parents

You mean, as opposed to the non-genuine black women?
The genuine black women I referred to are genuine on the basis that they wouldn't pretend to be deeply offended by the outdated comments from someone from a different generation and a different world.
Read about the charity, what it does and the salaries - none until recently.
It baffles me how a woman can run a charity that supports sexual abuse survivors when she is so easily offended by trivial comments.
Is she really cut out for the job?
The old crone's questions - if they were as Ms Fulani reports, which may be in doubt - were absolutely stereotypical of what not to say. Lady Toff should at least have known what Fulani was about, which encompasses everyone and his dog disrespecting the group Fulani represents, which does have a particular problem. It was founded as a result of traditional domestic violence to their women, being ignored or mishandled by all - including the police. The charity started as a place for African heritage women to go when they'd been abused - the police having earned disrespect.

If I were representing white middle aged men I'd be offended by some privileged ignorant host's functionary, referring to me/us as "you people".
The toffs always refer to peasants as you people it's not a racial comment but has been twisted to appear to be
Of course Fulani is telling people about it. The repellent behaviour is symptomatic of the problem, so that's her job.
In the past the women have been told words to the effect of "We can't do anything about it because bruises don't show on you skin", and "you lot are tough you can take it". Ugh.

Asking about Fulani's ancestry was perfectly reasonable as Vine's phoners said, but it was the attitude revealed in the words the Lady Of the Household used, which showed the attitude, which she was incompetent in revealing.
"We are going to have a problem with you" wasn't quite what she said but it was implied.
Who the hell did she mean by "We"? British Establishment? If so, she was right.

So lets get this straight, its a service offered to women of 'Caribbean and African heritage' - How does she ascertain this when women arrive without asking them where they originate? What if they are abused are not of this origin? What if she asks then and they appear not to be of heritage when they are? Subconscious racism? Micro aggression?

Jeez

All toffs are rude to anyone who is not a fellow toff it just so happens that there aren't any black toffs

The genuine black women I referred to are genuine on the basis that they wouldn't pretend to be deeply offended by the outdated comments from someone from a different generation and a different world.

A genuine black woman is not a person who shares your opinions.

It is a person who is black

And is a genuine woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back