Butyl flashing or Lead for lean to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies if this has been answered many times...

I am re roofing a passage down the side of my house using 25mm polycarbonate sheets. The pitch is approx 10 degrees. I think I know what to do apart from the flashing. I had originally planned to use lead, but Butyl flashing seems to be mentioned a lot. I have a few questions below I would be very grateful for help with:

Is it best to use lead or Butyl flashing?
If Butyl flashing how do I fix it to the brickwork - just with the sticky side of the flashing?
If using lead on such a shallow pitch, do I run the risk of the water ingressing up the roof in bad weather? If yes how should I seal the lead to the polycarbonate?
What width flashing do I need? With the lead I was planning approx 75mm upstand, with 125mm along the polycarbonate.

I want to use the better material for the job. Not too worried about costs, within reason!

Thanks in advance of any answers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back