Lean to Roof Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am building a 9 meter long lean to with 10mm twin wall polycarbonate roofing onto side of my house with a pebbledashed wall. I know lead is best for flashing this but I am looking for a cheaper but effective alternative product to traditional lead flashing as this would cost quite a bit to an already costly project.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Lead alternative like ubiflex, cromar lead free etc.

If want a real cheap job you could grind a slot in the wall and put in some flashband. To sort out the bumpy pebbledash, screw on a batten or plywood with a chamfer to top edge all the way across, just below the slot youve groung out. Run a 300mm flashband across the polycarbonate so it comes up the timber strip, stopping just below the chamfer. Push 100mm or 150mm flashband in the wall and stick down. Use leadmate to fill slot in wall.

This 2 section flashing means its possible to do the job neatly, its hard to do in 1 piece -true for lead too.

It goes without saying, Im not recommending this -code 4 lead is what you really need.

to cut your slot, locate the most convenient mortar bed for your cover flashing, and mark it A & B at either end of your 9m.
then flick a chalk line from A to B, and thats the line you will grind out.
this way your not disfiguring brickwork.

do the above, and fix the cover flashing, before you fix any sheeting to the rafters.

Sponsored Links
Length of lead max 1.5 metres. then 150mm overlap ....and so on to your 9 metres

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back