Buy a shed or build a simple lean-to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to buy a shed to protect my bike (and maybe a few other things) from the rain.
But I wonder if I can build a simple lean-to instead?
If I buy some plastic corrugated sheeting, some batons to screw into the walls and some guttering, do you think that would work in this space?
The distance between the 2 brick walls is around 180cm, though I don't think the 2 brick walls are exactly parallel so I may have to cut the sheeting at an angle to make it fit.

Or should I just buy a shed?

Sponsored Links
in the space against the fence at fence height??

tool store below the window height ??
or above the window back towards the fence??

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of putting it in the space against the fence, but a bit lower than fence height - perhaps at the level of the uppermost horizontal bit of the fence in the photo. So that's about 180 cm wide, maybe 120 cm high and 100cm deep.

have you thought about a wooden roof with felt on as plastic will cause condensation unless the front is open

as its safer to lock in your tools like spades as these can be used to jemmy doors and windows open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back