Buy British

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need use our trading partners from around the world.
Yeah it makes any purchase seamless and straightforward, first ensuring I'm not buying from an EU company. And I won't concern myself with the fact my choices are going to be significantly limited depending on the product in question.

Sponsored Links
I remember replying to such a post in January 2019. That’s considered a winter month, isn’t it? Here it is.
Funnily enough we tend to mainly buy seasonally from the UK, but non seasonally from the EU as far as possible...

But then I guess you don't care about the food miles either?

I think its all our duty to try and buy British. I do within reason.
Whilst the notion is a noble one and admirable if one actually makes an effort, it's not very practical. When you actually start looking at products in depth, then you realise the futility of it.
I'm sure filly is proud of his chst out - Captain Mainwaring anti EU stance, bit it's fraught with hypocrisy.
He be telling us he's a vegan next.

These nostalgic colonial Daily Wail war stories are only good for wiping your arris on.

Sponsored Links
And will this proposed link be to export more electricity to France:
a firm Aquind, which wants to build a cable linking the UK and French electricity grids.
https://www.bbc.com/news/education-56030674
"England's new university regulator is facing questions about a potential conflict of interest.
Lord Wharton has been appointed chair of the Office for Students (OfS) but is also a paid adviser to a firm Aquind, which wants to build a cable linking the UK and French electricity grids.
The £1.2bn project would be built through the University of Portsmouth, which is strongly opposed to the route."

"Aquind director Alexander Temerko has made financial donations to Conservative politicians"

Is this what brexiteers thought was 'taking back control' from those 'corrupt' Eurocrat officials? :LOL:

Last edited:
Where I can, I do. My allotment is less than a mile away.
Then good for you. But I guess anything other than brassicas or leeks or tasteless green veg are hard to come by in the winter months.

upload_2021-2-19_13-39-35.png

Thus you sure as hell offset your good intentions by your worldly shopping basket as you have stated...

And if all those other EU boycott nutters follow suit, then that's an awful lot of extra food miles stacking up!

Whilst the notion is a noble one and admirable if one actually makes an effort, it's not very practical. When you actually start looking at products in depth, then you realise the futility of it.
I'm sure filly is proud of his chst out - Captain Mainwaring anti EU stance, bit it's fraught with hypocrisy.
He be telling us he's a vegan next.

These nostalgic colonial Daily Wail war stories are only good for wiping your arris on.

Exactly, kind of like those that valiantly held on buying Rover cars because they were British, although I'm not sure all the components inside were laterally? And as for buying from other non EU nations, yeah, fine in principal, until you discover your choice is significantly limited (depending on the product) etc etc.

Then good for you. But I guess anything other than brassicas or leeks or tasteless green veg are hard to come by in the winter months.

View attachment 223593

Thus you sure as hell offset your good intentions by your worldly shopping basket as you have stated...

And if all those other EU boycott nutters follow suit, then that's an awful lot of extra food miles stacking up!
Over half our veg comes from less than a mile away. Greens, potatoes - new, early and late, salad, cauliflowers, courgettes, sprouts, carrots, tomatoes, asparagus, onions, garlic, peas, beetroot, runner and French beans, kale, sweetcorn, apples, pears, leeks, radish, rhubarb, raspberries, strawberries, assorted herbs. All in season and organic too. Tastes better than anything in the shops. No doubt you will either better or rubbish that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah it makes any purchase seamless and straightforward, first ensuring I'm not buying from an EU company. And I won't concern myself with the fact my choices are going to be significantly limited depending on the product in question.

If you want to buy a BMW because that's what you want, then buy a BMW. I would , but I'll try try buy British as long as I'm not short changing myself.

I'd like a VW Lamborghini

But more than likely a Geely Volvo is about all I can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back