Buying a Ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I have a 1930's end terraced house 2 x floors (Ground and First) with a flat roof on the second floor kitchen / bathroom extension and a pitched roof on the original house. I am not really able to measure so am looking for experience on standard build sizes? I do have a short ladder that alows me to reach the bottom of the window on the first floor so at a push I could possibly measure up to the flat roof?

Question; Based on 2 x floors (Ground and First) with a pitched roof, what size and type of ladder should I buy to carry out maintenance on the outside.

I probably need a stand off as well as there is a gutter around the edge of the flat roof and the main house.

Should I get a triple extension ladder or double extension ladder or does it just depend on where I intend to store it? i.e. a double extension ladder will have a longer closed length or is one type better than the other?

Sponsored Links
My personal preference is a 3.5m triple. It is quite heavy to move about but can remove the first part to use as a double if that's all I need. But it does give plenty of versatility.

A double 3.5 will do in most circumstances though.

I have 3.5 double, reaches my flat roof [end of terr 1930 home]
Style of rungs and width can affect how comfortable they are to stand on for long periods [have size 12 feet, can be difficult to have both feet on same tread with narrow ladders]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back