Buying a new vent cowl

Joined
7 Mar 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
2
Location
London
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this isn't a roofing question, but I thought people here would be the best to answer it.

I have a campervan, and it has a small wood burning stove installed. it has a solid flue going up to the roof, which juts out about 25 cm, and then had a vent cowl on the top, which I understand is mainly there to keep the rain out. Unfortunately I knocked it off and need to find a new one.

The old one was a bit like this - the metal straps are quite flimsy though.


I would like something a bit more compact and robust, so found this:


I assume as long as the diameter is right and it fits, that it would be ok? I just wanted to be sure that something like this would be safe and would eg have enough airflow. I realise it's possibly a silly question but I want to be belt and braces with anything like this.

Thanks in advance!
 
I would think that installing a solid fuel stove in a campervan is covered by the same regulations as in a home. Consult a HETAS engineer.
 
Thank you, could you say a bit more about why? The first one was what was on there originally, which is why I was asking if I could move to something more like the second, is it to do with the airflow?

I'll continue with the first one but would be good to know just in case there's a medium ground.
 
I’d suggest you repost on the sister “ practical caravan forum”. Their ‘campervan and motor homes’ sub section will have loads of people on it that have done it.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top