Buying a Sofa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need to get a sofa for my lounge I found a new one on Gumtree but they say the measurements are:

Sofa 1520mm x920mmx 700mm (h)

Chair 980mmx920mmx700mm (h)

My lounge door width is only 770mm so i dont think it will fit.
How are you supposed to know what fits or not?
I know that some sofas are more squidgy that others !

Sponsored Links
oh i figured out I could twist the sofa so the back is facing up but then it would still only leave me with 70mm of pace not though!

1520mm is also shorter than the height of a doorway in all but a hobbits house too so there shouldn't be a problem.
I moved a couple recently , bigger three sweaters , and experienced size problems. However , take the fabric off that's stapled to the underside and you may very well find the arms are screwed or bolted on and can be removed as can the base and back be parted.

Sponsored Links
1520mm is also shorter than the height of a doorway in all but a hobbits house too so there shouldn't be a problem.
I moved a couple recently , bigger three sweaters , and experienced size problems. However , take the fabric off that's stapled to the underside and you may very well find the arms are screwed or bolted on and can be removed as can the base and back be parted.

oh I forgot to add its a leather sofa you think ill be ok still? as im going to pay them for it so ill be gutted if i can get it to fit.

Why not go to the seller's house, compare their door size etc with yours, and have a go at moving the sofa to see how well it works?

oh I forgot to add its a leather sofa you think ill be ok still? as im going to pay them for it so ill be gutted if i can get it to fit.

Without seeing it I couldn't say yes or no although the two I moved recently were both leather sofas. Also don't forget that taking the doors off can get you a couple of additional inches to play with and room to manoeuvre .

Without seeing it I couldn't say yes or no although the two I moved recently were both leather sofas. Also don't forget that taking the doors off can get you a couple of additional inches to play with and room to manoeuvre .

I'm thanks I decided not to get it as I want one with a headrest .

Fair enough although of course size may still be an issue. If you are buying new then I'd advise having them deliver it , the delivery drivers and their mates always seem to have a sort of uncanny knack at getting huge ungainly things in the smallest of places without the problems mere mortals find.

Fair enough although of course size may still be an issue. If you are buying new then I'd advise having them deliver it , the delivery drivers and their mates always seem to have a sort of uncanny knack at getting huge ungainly things in the smallest of places without the problems mere mortals find.

That's cos they're all desperate to get down the pub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsS5UTZ4G7s

:LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back